Tuesday 13 September 2011

A Quick Fix!

So tonight was my turn to cook dinner and I needed to make use of the chicken thigh fillets in the fridge... SO I hopped onto foodgawker and found some amazing chicken recipes!!

I adapted the following recipe to suit me and made:


Chicken and Fetta Manakish:
This recipe was adapted from: Cooking It Simple




Now I cheated a little bit with this recipe.. I didn't have time to make my own dough so picked up an Italian flat base for $2 from the super market. However, next time I would love to make my own dough !!

Ingredients:



500g grams of chicken thigh fillet
1 large onion chopped
2 cloves Garlic minced
1/2 to 1/4 tsp Kashmiri Chili powder
1/2 tsp Cumin powder
2 tbsp Tomato Sauce
2 tbsp Olive oil
Handful of Coriander leaves chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
Feta Cheese crumbled(low fat and less salt version) about half a block

Method:
Pre-heat oven to 180 Degrees (celsius )

Dice chicken to desired size, I did mine to around the size of Australian 20 cent pieces
Also dice onion.
Then add: onion, oil, cumin, chilli powder and coriander over medium heat in a sauce pan. Stir until onions are partially cooked.
Then add the chicken pieces 50% at a time and mix through until relatively cooked, then mix through tomato sauce.
Taste and add ingredients till desired taste.

Next pile it all onto your base and chuck it in the oven for around 10-15mins.

Serves: 4.


I liked this recipe because it was full of flavour and really easy to make. The whole cooking process was around 20minutes all up.

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment